Monthly Favorites [June]
Hello everyone! Today's post is a chatty walk-through of my monthly favorites. These are products I have been loving for the month of June. There's a bit of everything from skincare, makeup, and even a few books! I've kept it pretty simple this month really focusing on the things that I loved. Let me know what you have been loving in the comments.
Beauty and Skincare Favorites
- Biossance 'the Nourisher' Precious Rose Facial Oil
- Why I'm loving it: This facial oil is perfection. I use it in the evening after cleansing. I place about 5 drops in my hand and apply it to my face---all over prior to my facial cream. It feels smooth and not greasy. The smell of this facial oil transports me to a luxurious Parisian getaway filled with relaxing beauty treatments. My skin feels perfectly nourished in the morning. The facial oil utilizes squalene an oil found naturally in our bodies (harvested from sugarcane). I really encourage you, as always, to read about this yourself. Their website talks about all the benefits of squalene. Some other things I will note are that this product is non-toxic, has no synthetic fragrances, is paraben and phthalate free.
- Biossance 'the Purifier' Soothing Cleansing Oil
- Why I'm loving it: Again this cleansing oil utilizes squalene and removes all of your makeup. It leaves my skin feeling clean, healthy, and moisturized. To use I take 2-3 pumps in my hand and apply to my dry face (don't add water). Once fully applied I take warm water in my hand and continue washing my face. It turns into a light milky lather.
- bareSkin Sheer Sun Serum (Bronzing Serum)
- Why I'm loving it: This bronzing serum came in my Sephora Play! monthly subscription box and I was surprised how much I loved it! My face can be dry year round and using powders only contributes to this. I use this serum in place of my powder bronzer. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized with a nice glow---never greasy. I put a few drops on the back of my hand and then tap it onto my cheeks and areas that I want a bit of color. Can't wait to try out other liquid bronzers and blushers.
- Certified Organic Humphrey's Witch Hazel
- Why I'm loving it: I use this witch hazel as a toner and really love it. It's simple, natural, and leaves my face feeling cleansed. I find that it removes any makeup that I might have missed while cleansing and provides the perfect last step to my cleansing routine. It feels like it balances my skin and heals it when I have blemishes. It never leaves my skin feeling dry which is an added bonus. I put the witch hazel on a clean cotton pad and wipe my entire face with it.
- Jo Malone 'Peony & Blush Suede' Cologne
- Why I'm loving it: I find that fragrances are difficult to recommend. We all love different scents and different perfumes speak to us. All month I have been reaching for this scent. It is light and slightly sweet---reminds me of a flower market on sunny spring day. It's classic and has warm undertones that are quite lovely. If this doesn't sound like your type of perfume, Jo Malone has many other scents. In fact, the possibilities are endless as they recommend combining scents to make your own signature scent. I love the idea of this because I appreciate things unique to individuals.
I have two books that I want to recommend. First, The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. We purchased this on Audible for one of our summer road trips. It was engaging and a bit of a psychological thriller/mystery. It follows the story of a woman who, on her daily train rides, watches the lives of individuals on a particular street. I'm sure many of you have read this, if you haven't---I recommend it for a beach read or through Audible for a road trip.
The next book was another Audible purchase---Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. This book is set in 2044 and Earth is overcome with war and famine. It follows a young-man on his adventure to find an easter egg hidden deep within Oasis---a virtual reality platform. I highly recommend this book---even if you aren't in to video games, the 80s pop culture references might hook you. Either way, if you are looking for a good read, check it out.