Monthly Favorites [July]
Hi everyone! Today I am going to walk you through my favorites for the month of July. It's been a while since I last posted. July turned out to be very busy with work and I was a bit under-the-weather towards the end of the month. Anyways, I'm excited to give you a little insight into what I have been loving!
Beauty and Skincare Favorites
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Dim Light)
- Why I'm loving it: I have been searching for a light and breathable powder to set my foundation. I really do not like the heavy matte foundation look and I feel that a lot of powders create that effect. This Hourglass powder is just what I was looking for. It provides a nice finished look when applying after my foundation. I purchased the 'Dim Light' shade and find that it doesn't leave any color on my face, just a nice very light mattifying effect that still leaves you with glowing skin. One last note, this powder does not leave my skin feeling dry and does not cling to dry patches on the skin unlike many powders I've tried.
- Biossance 'the Nourisher' Precious Rose Facial Oil
- Why I'm loving it: If you want to read a more in-depth review see my June favorites post. I am re-posting this as a favorite because I am so in love with this facial oil. It really leaves my skin feeling soft and renewed.
- Red Moon Herbs Green Wonder Salve
- Why I'm loving it: This product is not only a monthly favorite, but a life favorite. Because I have been using it A LOT in the month of July I wanted to feature it here. This salve can be used for so many things. I use it for chapped lips, cuticles, healing small scrapes, on my eyelashes and under my eyes for added moisturize, and on small bruises for faster healing. It heals dry cracked lips and cuticle damage really quickly. It's very moisturizing and I find I use it daily. It is a combination of comfrey, plantain, and yarrow (mixed with beeswax). It has a creamy texture and is applied easily.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer with Coconut Oil
- Why I'm loving it: I really love simplifying routines and creating efficiency in my everyday processes. When I noticed this in shower moisturizer I thought I would give it a try. In the shower, after cleansing I use this moisturizer all over my body. When I get out I then dry off. I find that my skin is moisturized and there is no need to apply additional moisturizer. I find that it continues to provide moisture throughout the day. The coconut oil version smells nice as well! I am trying out some DIY versions with coconut oil and other moisturizing products---if I come up with a combination that I love I will share the recipe!
- The Healthy Deodorant-Sport Luxe (Vanilla Breeze)
- Why I'm loving it: In a previous monthly favorites I mentioned using this brand of deodorant before. I was previously using the Lavender Vanilla scent. This month I purchased the Sport Luxe version and am in love! The scent is beautiful and natural (not overpowering). It goes on smoothly and leaves me feeling fresh all day without all the harmful ingredients in traditional anti-perspirants (parabens, aluminum). It's vegan and cruelty free---perfect!
- Ouai Wave Spray
- Why I'm loving it: This wave spray is light and refreshing. It is my new favorite. I can spritz it into my hair while it's damp and create beachy waves without having to use heat. It smells lovely and is formulated without parabens and phthalates.
Favorites for Women
- THINX Hiphugger Period Panties
- Why I'm loving them: I can't really explain how obsessed I am with these THINX underwear. First, let me say you will want to read up on these to decide if they are right for you. There are lots of reviews online including blog posts that I encourage you to read through. My sister recommended them and I immediately wanted to try them out. I purchased the hiphugger style that you can wear as either backup with a menstrual cup or on their own (yes, on their own!). They can hold up to two tampons worth. They are so comfortable. Before receiving them I worried about them being bulky, but they aren't at all. I have not experienced any leaking or issues while wearing these. I am going to provide a longer review of these underwear and a favorite menstrual cup in the near future. Let me know your lady favorites in the comments below! If you want $10 off your first order of THINX click here! Just as a quick disclaimer, I'm not affiliated with THINX I just really love their products.
- 'Stranger Things' on Netflix
- Why I'm loving: Love, love, love this show. It's a sci-fi thriller---is that a thing? It's a little scary mixed with mystery. It is set in a small town in the 80s where a young boy (Will) goes missing. Just check it out---I promise you won't be disappointed. Also, the soundtrack---it's SO good...hard to explain, just got have a listen.
- 'My Dad Wrote a Porno' Podcast
- Michael and I started listening to this on a car ride home this month and it is one of the funnier podcasts I've heard in a long time. Three British friends try to read their way through one of their dad's latest erotic novel with hilarious commentary along the way. I consistently laugh out loud listening to their thoughts on the bizarre storyline and content. Quick note---there is definitely explicit content, don't listen to this one around the kids.
As we say hello to August, I can't help but think of fall---my favorite season. Excited for some fun posts as the weather cools down and we bring out our sweaters and boots. Let me know in the comments what you have been loving this month!