Spring & Summer Recipe: Strawberry Ginger & Lime Spritz
Here on the East Coast, those hot summer days are on their way. This warmer weather calls for a new drink recipe---and I'm loving this one! It's quick, simple, and not too sweet. Perfect any time of the day, it's refreshing, and has a little kick from the added ginger.
Try mixing this recipe up with your favorite flavor of sparkling water! To keep it light and refreshing use sparkling water instead of sugar-laden sodas. Feeling a little frisky? Add prosecco or champagne instead. As I mentioned before this drink is not very sweet, so if you need a little sweetness add a few teaspoons of maple syrup or cane sugar.
This recipe makes enough for about four larger glasses (as shown) or six smaller glasses. Luckily it's easy to whip up a new batch if you run out!
What do you need?
- Cute glasses/cups to enjoy!
- A fun straw if you're feeling fancy
- 2 cups of ice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 whole lime (peeled)
- 2-3 pieces of ginger (peeled)
- Sparkling water (lime or plain)
- Mint, basil leaves, lime circles, whole strawberry (optional for garnish)
- Add ice, strawberries, lime, ginger, and water to your blender.
- DO NOT ADD SPARKLING WATER TO BLENDER (you will have a mess on your hands).
- Blend until the ice is completely chopped and ingredients are blended.
- Fill a cup half way with the blended mixture and then add sparkling water the rest of the way.
- Garnish with mint or basil and a strawberry (or lime circle) for an extra special touch. Enjoy!